My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Wednesday 27 March 2013

I just finished my fab Sister's birthday card and this is the only place I can post the pic as I don't think she's even aware yet that I have a blog! I loved the colours and might also use them for my Daughter's 18th Birthday which is on Tuesday!!!There is an acetate front which you can't really see. Hope she likes it!
Suz x
 
First I covered mount board with a page from an old handwriting book, painted over it with white chalky paint, coloured with some green & blue cosmic shimmers.
 
 
 
 I cut the letters from plain black card & flower roses from white patterned card roses using my Cricut. I coloured the roses & the two larger flowers with cosmic shimmer sprays glued them and added a pearl in the centre of each using Creative Expressions glue. I coloured the letters by stamping with Versamark then dusting with cosmic shimmer mica powders then went over with Crackle Gaze. I stamped the image using a free stamp from a Papercraft mag (Stamp by Jayne Nestorenkos) coloured with promarkers and sprayed the girls & flowers with Spray & Shine from Crafters Companion to give a sheen
 
I then put it all together onto blue/ green textured cardstock, concertina folded the sides and added acetate for the cover. There is also a stand at the back which I've border punched - just peeping at the bottom.
 I might enter it for a couple of challanges if I can work out how!
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Love your card and what you did with the colors. We will make sure that it shows up in the linky for all to see. Card makers continue to amaze me. So glad we connected. (I am goign to follow your blog and add you to google+)
    Leslie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Leslie! Good luck with your challenge. I'll do the same with you. Suz xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh how lovely... friends and sisters, perfect.. love your creation... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hels, love your creations so v chuffed you like this one of mine. Hoping to get to Ali Pally so I might even get to meet you if I can elbow my way (nicely) through your fans! Suz xxx

      Delete
  3. What a sweet card! I'm sure your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete