My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Monday 13 May 2013

Getting the hang of my new Melt Pot & UTEE




I've been playing with my new Melt Pot and UTEE!  After watching Hels Sheridan demo on Create & Craft, and meeting her at Ally Pally last month, I had the courage to buy one and play. I used three different techniques, listed below. Hot stuff!!

 
 
For the fossil I poured UTEE onto my craft mat, inked up my Fossil Stamp from Designs By Ryn with some Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink, stamped into the UTEE, cut round the shape while still warm then rubbed over some Treasure Gold. The the tree branch (with little birdie) is a texture tread so I just poured on the UTEE and again cut around it. The heart was made by pouring the UTEE onto my craft sheet and pressing a metal shape cutter into it - remember to remove pinkies when the cutter gets hot. Easy! UTEE colours used were a mixture of:  ancient copper, bright gold, black and lapis black (the greeny one) added for the bird on a branch.






1 comment:

  1. Hey Suz, This melting pot sounds intriguing. You've got it producing some pretty neat results! I like the contrast of textures and how you've mounted the pieces onto burlap. Very neat :) Thanks for the shout out. Ttyl!

    ReplyDelete