My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Friday 10 May 2013


I've purchased some beautiful new stamps from a Canadian Designer (see Designs By Ryn links all around these posts) and I'm having a great time playing. I'll finish more projects and post pics and tutorials and details of the designer over the weekend.....watch this space cause she's fab!
Suz xxx

Right, here's how it came together: I started with a square background of white Centura Pear.  I scrunched up copy paper, pulled it back into a flat but crumpled shape, loaded up my brayer with Waterfall Big & Juicy ink, rolled the brayer across the scrunched paper which gave a texture pattern on the brayer, then I rolled the brayer across the white card to give the watery effect. I stamped & embossed Ryn's Wanda onto the background, coloured in using the Promarkers listed above, added highlight with stickles. I chopped around the fins before die cutting with a circle die so that the fins were outside of the die to give the decoupage look. I then die cut turquoise card with a scalloped circle, highlighted with Stickles around the edge and then added these layers onto a shaped card which I'd also stamped with Ryn's seaweed stamps and inked around the edges with Waterfall.
Great watery fun!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Suz, Thanks a bunch for the links and kind words :) You've done a gorgeous job with the stamps!!! If you ever feel like posting pics to my page go right ahead. You're never bothering me :)I'll post these with a link back to you. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete