My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Monday 2 June 2014

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - and my last DT post for Artistic Inspirations!

Hi all. This is the very last image I'll be using as a member of the Artistic Inspirations Design Team and it must be one of my favourites! I went all out and made 4 cards in one morning, great fun.  Here is the link to this image by Bugaboo  http://www.bugaboostamps.com/Red-Hat-Stella-Block--want-to-have-fun_p_1645.html.
The theme this month over on the Artistic Inspirations Challenge Blog is 'Inspired by a Song'.  So this image with the sentiment "Girls Just Want To Have Fun", that old Cindy Lauper classic, was perfect, in fact I'm listening to it as I type this post!
I added colour with Promarkers, then used the same colours to draw frames on the card blanks to match.  More details at the bottom of this post on the pic. I also discovered the perfect copy paper today for printing my digital images, typical as this is my last one!!! It's Xerox ColorPrint paper, and at 100gsm it is brill. One final tip; to give your digi's the effect of being heat embossed, just go over them with a black Sakura Glaze gel pen - works a treat! Best wishes all, especially all my fellow DT members, loved working with you all! Suz xxx




The pic below shows all 4 images on the 1 sheet of A4 paper. I do it this way to play with colour combinations, but as I liked all of them, and the colour went on so well on this paper, I used em all!

No comments:

Post a Comment