My little crafting world....


Hi all
I'm a complete craft addict! I have a small business called Surrey Crafts teaching craft workshops from my studio in Esher, Surrey and at venues around the country. I teach mixed media, decorative painting, card making and papercrafts, jewellery making and creative embroidery classes. If you'd like to find out more just leave a comment, or take a look at my other social media pages:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/surrey.crafts
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/surreycrafts/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/surreycrafts/
Crafty hugs & stuff
Suz

xx

Thursday 30 July 2015

Rescued Table painted with DecoArt Chalky Finish Paints

I am AMAZED by what people want to throw away! I hope this proves why we shouldn't be so wasteful.

I took this beaten up but SOLID table. Sanded down the top to remove thick paint splashes. Washed it completely....3 times as it was really filthy. I wanted to keep the original brass fittings underneath clean and also the markings underneath so taped all edges of areas I wanted to protect before starting .


Originally I was going to paint it a range of colours as you can see from the product pic. But I decided to keep it simple and elegant so I could use the table in my hallway and just went for two beautiful colours colours: white (Everlasting) and pale blue (Serene).


To start with I painted the shelf white (Everlasting) to give a lovely contrast. Then painted the rest in the the serene. gave both a second coat being really careful where the legs cut into the shelf. Then I used a DecoArt stencil called Distress Harlequin which is one of the Chalky Finish range of stencils. I did this using a stencil brush and more of the everlasting paint and I was chuffed to bits with the results!
Once it was all completely dry I gave it a coating of the DecoArt wax cream to seal and protect it.

Why not have a go!
Suz
xxx




















No comments:

Post a Comment